Your sessions were well tailored to suit this and to different learning styles. We wanted the day to be fun and it certainly was. And yet at the same time we achieved our more serious intention of building our knowledge, attitudes, awareness and behaviors to take this excellent team forward together.
Todd is doing some amazing training with our staff. If you need an endorsement for him, he’s worth every penny! We had him produce two curriculums and 2 trainings for our coaches/ staff team and every time he does them, the staff want to know when the next one is!!
I’m not surprised by the results of the survey – the team could not say enough about their session with you guys
Excellent start on this journey for the team- hope we can continue to work together – I do like this training workshop especially, teaching us by using experiences and games – The workshop today is very valuable because it teaches us about building a strong team and good relationships – This is an excellent workshop for our organization.
- We appreciated Ripple Effect’s flexibility and creativity in working with us to customize the training content to our needs and time constraints. – Todd has excellent Khmer language skills and cultural knowledge. It is obvious that he is immersed in Khmer culture, spends time with Khmer people, knows what they find funny and how they talk. He is aware of the “little things” that expats don’t usually know. – Todd was able to effectively build rapport with a group of 200 people, capture their attention, and keep them engaged throughout the session. – Strong focus on activity-based, participatory learning around a small number of simple messages. – The focus, active learner involvement, and frequent reinforcement of ideas helped to drive home the messages in an inspiring way. [Ripple Effect] created an environment where a wide range of people felt comfortable contributing to the session. [Comments came from a wide range of ages, organizational positions, and both men and women.]
- This training helps bring us closer – This training is very useful for our bank – I highly appreciate the session as you have embedded the thoughts in the minds of our staff and this will keep them thinking – This training helps us know the value of each other and to forgive each other – Helps us to cooperate with one another to strengthen and build our reputation to become a stronger organisation – the staff have learnt some important lessons from you and your team – I like all activities in the workshop. I hope next time we will have more fun. Thank you!!
- I think this workshop is good. It has taught all of the participants to keep thinking and studying I also think this helps release stress also – According to my ideas I want to receive/get study a lot more workshops like this because this helps us to have new ideas and to increase and grow and also to have more creativity – This workshop is good because it helps us grow in clarity about out work and working together and to work in unison together – This type of study is really good and helps us have creative/different understanding/ knowledge – This workshop has helped all of the staff to have stronger and stronger friendships and to understand clearly about the good results and fruit of working together as a team – Thanks to all the teachers and facilitators who have given us their knowledge via this workshop. What I have received I will apply in order to strengthen my team to be stronger and to increase and grow more and more. I also hope we will have more different workshops/training in the future – These workshops have helped me understand clearly about a lot of things. The mixing of laughter and playing some games does not allow us to get bored or sleepy – I feel very happy about this workshop because this has led me to understand about differences in our society and encourages us to be able to help each other and that we must cooperate together and have good communication together
- I enjoyed the interaction and watching my Cambodian friends be very engaged in the training – Please have more workshops like this – I have learnt so much from the materials and your teaching style- it has really helped me think about my own teaching style
- The workshops help us to understand and open our hearts to work as a team and to build a successful team – This training is very different from all the many trainings we have had before! The facilitators’ method of training and their style is very enthusiastic – The facilitators method is good and different and our team is able to copy their style/method to train others in our programs. The facilitators are able to create a good and happy learning environment and they have a good rapport with participants – Please can we have more topics different than this conducted by Ripple Effect
Senior Management Team
- Enables us to find good solutions – Help us to know how to analyze the risks – We not only can learn from it, but can also have fun – Helps us think about our feelings from the past, in the present and the future
Todd and his team came up with, as he calls it, several waves of activity where our team engaged in interactive workshops, 1–1 coaching and small group case studies, driving each individual to take ownership of their leadership style and delivery and committing to becoming better than they were yesterday.
At this point in time we are taking Ripple’s high energy, engaging style of learning and running with it, even after our programs concluded. We want to create the great leaders of tomorrow inside our company.
Cathay Pacific Airways/DRAGONAIR highly recommends Todd’s training tools and delivery and can confirm the aspects of the Ripple Effect are alive and well inside our Cambodian team environment.
British Embassy Phnom Penh
Many thanks for accepting our request to work with the British Embassy Team on a one day team building event that took place on 8 November 2012. As you know we are reasonably diverse group. Your sessions were well tailored to suit this and to different learning styles. We wanted the day to be fun and it certainly was. And yet at the same time we achieved our more serious intention of building our knowledge, attitudes, awareness and behaviors to take this excellent team forward together.
When Todd Smith, representing Ripple Effect Consulting, came for his interview, our instincts told us that our advertisement had attracted a person and firm that would listen to us to understand what we wanted and then carefully craft a unique team building training to meet our requirements. Unlike with the other firms, most of that first discussion with Todd Smith centered on what result we intended to have by the end of the training. Mr. Smith came back the following week with a list of creative ideas; there was nothing ordinary or boring to what he presented. Mr. Smith listened to our requirements and produced a product that met our specifications and expectations to a tee. During the course of two months, the MSME team learned to laugh again, play better together, and respect each other for the differences as much as the similarities each member possesses. And unlike after past training courses, not one team member has come to the management team since the courses ended and informed us that the Ripple Effect Consulting team’s approach was boring. My team’s written evaluation of the team building course indicated an ultra high satisfaction level
Todd Smith and Ripple Effect Consulting supported a recent retreat sponsored by a program Social Impact manages. Our program was engaged to provide a two-day retreat to a team within USAID’s Cambodia Mission to improve teamwork and collaboration, strengthen and clarify organization structure and roles, and improve communication and morale. It was a tall order to be completed in a very short time frame. Todd and Ripple Effect not only supported our US-based consultant in identifying and establishing an agreement with a local venue, but also provided logistical and administrative support. Most importantly, Todd was able to work with our facilitator to design and deliver a two-day retreat which involved a large number of objectives, included difficult material for the group to address, specific outcomes that needed to be achieved, and at the same time create an energizing, morale-building experience for the group. The team was excited to apply the outcomes of their work and enjoyed being together and working on team activities.
In addition to the outcomes for the team participating in the retreat, we at Social Impact were very pleased to work with Ripple Effect Consulting. Todd is flexible and easy to work with, and very focused on getting the job done well. We will certainly look for ways to use Ripple Effect and engage Todd Smith in the future.
I liked the way the training program was structured, combining workshops, small groups, individual coaching, and social events in three successive waves over a five-month period. Using multiple methods to present and reinforce concepts over an extended period helped to embed new ideas into our mind set, language, and practice.
I liked that the training program promoted a mature approach to management and leadership. Participants were encouraged to develop their strength of character, accept responsibility, and focus on performance improvement.
I also liked the flexibility that you and your team showed in customizing the training content to our needs. We worked together to adapt the training topics in each new wave based on experience gained in the preceding wave.
In addition to the new ideas and skills gained by each participant, a major outcome of the training for iDE has been a move to incorporate a more systematic approach to “staff coaching” within our organization.
This is the second time that we have used Ripple Effect services. Both times, we have been very satisfied with the quality and creativity of your work and the personal attention that we received. I have no hesitation in recommending your services to other organizations.
In the lead up to the event, the Ripple Effect team were flexible and creative in designing a program of events that met iDE Cambodia’s specific needs. On the day, the session exceeded our expectations and received positive feedback from staff of all ages and organizational positions. In particular, we noted your exceptional understanding of Khmer language, culture, and humour, which enable you to build report with a group of 200 people, capture their attention, and keep them engaged throughtout the session. This created a positive environment and encoraged staff from across the organization to contribute to discussions and participate in all the activities. your focus on active participatory learning ensured that messages were delivered effectively and in an inspiring way. Throughout the event, Ripple Effect’s support staff were capable and proactive in ensuring the smooth running of the activities, adding to the enjoyment of the day. I would not hesitate to recommend Repple Effect Consulting for similar events within iDE or other organization. We wish you and your team good success in the future
Roomchang Dental Clinic
Mr. Todd is an active, creative and innovative trainer. All of the staff at Roomchang very much appreciated the quality of the training course as well as his ability and professional work ethic. I would strongly recommend Mr. Todd Smith as a consultant/trainer. Our intention is to build our staff capacity and communication skills and we would not hesitate to contract him again in the near future.
Indochina Starfish Foundation
We were truly impressed by the quality of both curriculum as well as Todd’s work ethic. He deserves full credit for the concepts of the lessons and the design of the programme, most of which were his own ideas. I strongly believe that his ability to understand what we were looking for and to take charge of the programme was what ensured the quality finished product In addition to the curriculum, Todd was responsible for teaching the coaches the Leadership Training programme as well as teaching our staff. Both workshops were fun, interactive and extremely professional. Seeing our coaches teach the lessons to the children afterward confirmed the success of both the curriculum and the workshops. This reinforced our belief that we made the right decision in contracting Todd for this job. I would strongly recommend Todd as a consultant / trainer. Our intention is to expand the above programme in the near future and we would not hesitate to hire him again.
Prison Fellowship Cambodia
From the outset, Todd was entirely professional in his approach and made it his priority to become familiar with PFC projects and organizational methodology. At all times he ensured that proposed activities and training was in line with our requirements and expectations. During the training and facilitation we found Todd to be an excellent communicator in both Khmer and English language. PFC staff feedback was very positive with one man stating that he learned more in one morning with Todd than he did in one whole week with another training provider on the same subject. Todd was generous with his time and from the output we received from him it is obvious he donated many hours of his own time in presenting excellent work. I recommend Todd to anyone considering him for organizational development, training and evaluation and would seek his services again for similar activities in the future.
SALT Sports Academy
Todd Smith took on the job and over a very short period of time developed an interactive, creative and fun program specifically designed for football coaches in Cambodia. The quality of the material is best seen in all the examples relating to Cambodian culture and language, showing that Todd has mastered the language and understands the way young Khmer think. Despite a tight budget, I think hiring the expertise of Mr. Smith will make a big difference in our project and I am looking forward to keep working with him on further projects.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, ChildFund Cambodia required the services of a leadership and management training institution for eleven senior and middle management persons, with only five days notice.
Ripple Effect Consulting, led by Mr Todd Smith, undertook the training. Even with a limited time for planning, the training agenda was tailored to the specifications of the organisation and the personnel participating (all but one were Khmer nationals), with some flexibility for change in the agenda as issues might arise. The training was interactive, fun, motivational and an excellent learning experience for all persons.